Sunday 6 September 2015

The boy lying on the seashore makes me angry!


My daughter who is 2 years old now is very beautiful. We have hundreds of her beautiful pictures and videos while playing with her toys, reading her books and making mess out of the things. I and my wife as parents try to give her the best of whatever she wants. We always try our best to protect her from any harm and do all it takes for her well being. But sometimes I get angry. Off-course I do not get angry at my daughter for all the annoying things she  does because I understand that she is a little baby who cannot think or make decisions for herself. But I get angry at the door that hits her head sometimes, I get angry when she slips from water spilled on floor, I get angry at the weather which makes her ill, I get angry at the mosquitoes that bite her. In-short, everything that makes my child even a little uncomfortable, makes me angry. But my anger calms down and gets converted into the feelings of grief and helplessness when I realize that these things are as innocent as my child.

But then, there is another kind of anger that prompts me for taking serious action. And that is when someone shouts at her, when someone deliberately hits her or when we as parents are clumsy at looking after her! Such an anger does not and should not turn into sadness or helplessness, rather it results in arousing the feelings of hatred towards an individual or direct confrontation or a serious debate. This is because the situation demands this! and it is in my direct or indirect control to take appropriate actions. Moreover, If I do not respond, my child would be in a much more insecure situation.

Aylan Kurdi, The 3 year old boy is seen lying on the sea shore. I was expecting him to wake up and play again. I thought he might be very tired and hence slept on the shore after playing with the sand. I am saying this because my baby girl also does the same. At one time we see her running here and there enjoying and in the next few minutes we find her fallen asleep after being tired. She sleeps in the same posture in which Aylan is shown sleeping calmly on the shore. But when you continue to look at the picture, you realize that Aylan has indeed slept forever. He has indeed been tired; tired of running away from his home with his parents, wandering here and there to find a shelter and save themselves from the barrel bombs that rain over them everyday, trying to find a safe place out of their homes, moving towards the sea and risking their lives, gambling between dying of bombings of the Bashar regime or ISIS or the waves of the ocean. Aylan was tired of fighting the ocean waves and he could not bear anymore, So, he had no option but to sleep forever.

When I looked at his pictures, I was angry at the ocean and the nature for not supporting him in that tough situation, but then isn't nature as innocent as the boy? Nature had given him a beautiful place to live in and nature was not pushing him into the ocean. So why blame nature or why to be angry with it? Then I looked around and found a world with borders and governments and ideologies and interests. A cruel world!! I am not sad to see that Aylan's picture but I am furious! My hatred for Syrian regime, which has killed more than 250,000 people and is bombing their own citizens everyday, has crossed all bounds! The Bashar regime which has tried to kill the popular people's movement which started with the arab spring in 2012, I am angry at the attitude of the arab world which has fueled this war with Islamic extremists! I am angry at the United Nations who have been united in letting the people killed and our children being drowned like that. I am angry at the United states and Europe who have done only lip service against the Syrian regime which has done a genocide of its citizens even with chemical weapons. I am angry at Russia and China who are openly supporting the killings and displacement. I am angry at the Rulers of the Muslim world who have silently watched the butcher killing and displacing their brothers in faith. I am angry at Iran and Saudis who are fighting their proxy war and using the blood of innocent people. I am angry at the humans of the world who have done nothing for their fellow beings.

Those who feel sad about Aylan Kurdi should be ashamed of themselves! Why should one feel sad on an incident that is not a natural phenomena but is because of a completely blood thirsty and interest oriented world that we created. One should feel angry on the world order and the way it is organized on extremism and capitalism! And this anger demands ACTION. It demands appropriate action to change the way this world is being run by the world powers and their puppet rulers. If this incident does not ring bells for you and your still not ready to think and act to change this world then I must say your as much a killer of that boy as the Syrian regime!

There should be no doubt in the minds now that The current Capitalist world order that is coined by the Human mind has failed to deliver peace to humanity, The United nations has failed the world, The principles of pluralism is nothing but a farse, The rhetoric of democracy and human rights is a joke. The Humans are too incapable and too selfish and too biased to make rules that govern humanity.

The question now remains, what is the alternate that we should lookup to? It is quite obvious for those who think rationally. It is clear that the problem is the very concept of nation states and the way world powers run the world with their puppets and proxies. The solution is to overthrow this world order and replace it with a world order which ensures respect of human beings and respect of different religions or cast or creeds. A world order which is united against injustice at any level and is ready to safeguard the world from all the ills not because of their INTERESTS but as an obligation upon them. The alternative is a world order that is defined by the creator of this world for us humans to live as Humanity! The Alternative is Islamic governance which ensured peace and progress for the human mind when implemented in full spirit.

There maybe many people who disagree with this alternative based on their animosity against religion but what they need to agree is, that the current world order based on freedoms and human mind is on the verge of destroying Humanity and this can in no way be acceptable anymore.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment